 Space / 38497
Re: Blade Runner Police Spinner: version 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Verner wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Palmer wrote:
   I recently decided to rebuild my Spinner and was commissioned to build a copy. Please click on the picture above to see the completed MOC.

Thanks for looking and please tell me what you think!

I’m not familiar with Blade Runner, but I know nifty when I see it. That, sir, is nifty.

Boy, is it! The director’s cut of Blade Runner is one of my favorite films (and Ridley Scott’s last great work, IMO). I’m always delighted to see a good rendition of the police spinner, even when I can’t track down the picture of it again. Nice touch using the Han Solo fig for Deckard, too.

   The lights on the roof are a little messy-looking. I dunno if there’s any way to fix it without sacrificing accuracy--what you have there is already better than what I would have done.

In Jon’s defense, I believe that the light-cluster on the vehicle in the film is really that messy-looking.

Nice work, Jon!

Dave!