 Space / 38389
Re: Galaxy Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:37:48 GMT

Thanks!

I'm writing a small tutorial as part of a project for school, I'll go ahead and
write a bigger one afterwards for anyone who wants to make their own.  That
should be up in around a week.

For now though, the list is:

MLCAD - Model Creation
LDView - Texture Creation
Adobe Photoshop - Texture Creation/Application
Blender - 3D Modeling
Wings 3D - Texture Application
3D / Deep Exploration - Format Conversion
Homeworld Ship Editor - Game-ready touchups

3D Exploration has a demo version, and Photoshop obviously is a commercial
package, the rest are freeware programs.  Also, Blender and Wings can both model
and texture, that's just the way I use them.

-Stefan-