 Space / 38190
Re: Silver Squidy, Medieval Bot, and new Mr.Ham
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:12:41 GMT

   Lenny,

I am sincere. I love your style. As a newbie to Mech and bots, your work is so vast that I cannot comprehend it all. You have to realize in my mind, a joint is a round gear with a worm to hold it in place. However, your joints run the gambit.

Thanks for all the new ideas.

Brian

This is totally funny to me - because my joint tech work has been motivated by a desire to avoid technic pieces at all costs. Basically, I refuse to do worm-gear joints because I think they are too difficult. Mr.Ham is maybe my most successful in this line - he has so much articulation and I did it all with bars and snot pieces.

But then, I’m looking at my bots - and almost all of them use the click hinges, or the old-style hinges for most of their articulation. The exceptions are Mr.Ham and Terror 3vilbot - the Terror Bot relies a lot on a snot brick with a tile on either side, as seen here. I really like this style, and I’ve meant to do another Bot with the same tech.

If you like my style of bots, then I recommend you check out Tim Deering’s stuff and Mino’s stuff.

Thanks for the kind words! I personally feel like I don’t deserve them - I tend to be more of a popularizer than an innovator, but I won’t argue with someone who likes me ;o)

-Lenny