 Space / 38162
38161  |  38163
Subject:
UIW Mainstay Mark 1-A Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 01:33:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Introducing the UIW’s Mainstay Mark I-A Fighter Craft.

The Mark I-A features side-mounted frap cannons, four powerful sublight engines, a level III EMP shielding unit, and a forward mounted sensor/targeting unit that rivals those found on larger ships. With her powerful engines, and under the steady hand of an experienced pilot, the Mark I-A is capable of flipping front to stern in .2 seconds.

The canopy, opened:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Snay/UIW/Fighter/Mark1A/liverygreen.jpg

The EMP shielding unit:

The sensor package and port-side cannon:

Kiss my bumper!

The Mark I-A’s primary mission is the destruction of enemy fighter craft, although versions are in use (in some cases, for “other” purposes) by the Marine Corps, Planetary Air Guard, and the Border Interdiction Force.

This MOC originally began life as an attempt to replicate a Colonial Viper. Things sort of moved along from there. The nose & canopy hinge design were inspired by Jon Newsome’s “Crusader” fighter.

-Jeff