 Space / 38155
Re: Dual MOCs: PCS SPECTER / DOCK 31
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:43:50 GMT

   snip

First off, cool name. I really like names like spectre, banshee and stuff.

Now the model...starting at the front, I like the guns on the top of the nose, but they look like they obscure the front vision of the pilot a good deal, and whats with the window in front of the intakes? I think either plain white or inset greeble would work there much better. the intakes are massivle oversized and fun, they swoop into the hull fairly nicely, but the fins right behind it seem misplaced. maybe bring them out a little so they are not obstucted by the intakes.

Cockpit, i dig this. I am always a fan of the removable cockpit since Space: Above and Beyond. I can really see this fighter being stored elsewhere and the cockpit is brought up into the floor of a loading bay. Next I really like the white fuel pod or whatever on the sides underneath the cockpit. it adds a gritty feel and more fighter-like to me.

next the engine, which seems odd. the round engine on the relatively square frame just doesn’t flow right in my head and on the model. I would suggest an engine more fitting to the shape of the fighter itself. Don’t be afraid to break out of the wheel mindset and make a square engine.

Overall a good fighter. 9/10. Except it sucks and shall die by the Eastern Block hands.Seriously, the fighter sucks. Eastern Block hardware is much better.