 Space / 38131
Re: My God, it's full of stars.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:24:06 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Allemann wrote:

Introducing the Leonov

snip

   So every once in a while I would start to conceptualize how the Leonov might come together. I always got stuck on the lack of an 8x8 dark gray radar dish for the main antenna dish though, which I ‘needed’ to get the scale right. One year later, the Discovery complete, facing the reality that a dark gray 8x8 dish would never be made, I finally said, ‘screw it, I’ll just start building the damn thing and see what happens’.

It looks magnificent. The two-toned radar dish is actually an improvement on the original, I think.

   Of course once it was pretty much done Jude comes by and says, ‘you should stick a motor in it’. Such simple words. Another redesign/rebuild of the main forward section to accommodate the motor and gearing, but well worth it. Thanks Jude!

That .wmv is eerie. How beautiful! Does it make noise when it turns?

And do you have any images of the two ships side by side?

What a cool thing! Kudos to you, Jason!

best

LFB