 Space / 38005
Re: Gargamel: Deepspace Freighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:00:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, George Haberberger wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner wrote:
   Gargamel- the answer to all of your cargo-hauling needs... as long as the load isn’t too big. This ship features living space for 4, a small maintenance and cargo-hauling vehicle, and big engines.

Tony,

This rocks, it’s rare to see a ship built going up, instead of back and forth, if you know what I mean.

I kept thinking I was going to run into structural problems, but this thing is pretty sturdy. I did resort to some cross-bracing on the upper half, though I’m not certain it was necessary- but that gave me some ideas for future use. It was nice to do more of a “rocket ship” style here.

   I’d love to see more of your wall attachments, round or cylindrical walls looks so much better than a rectangle for a spaceship, but I have yet to find a solution that I really like.

Anything you can do to break up the blockiness is good. I plan to get some construction pics up on my site, probably in a week or so.

   Great greebling too, and the vectorable engines rock. I’m glad you got past your builder’s block.

Heh- me too! This was taking up a lot of shelf space, and wasn’t even done. I have to thank Mark Sandlin again for the greebling. While he didn’t actually do a large percentage of the greebs on the ship, he taught me how it is done.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com