 Space / 37948
37947  |  37949
Subject:
Gladius - My First Mech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:21:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Greetings! This post marks several firsts for me, my first LUGNET post, my first Brickshlef folder, and my first mech! Anyway, here is Gladius, a heavy assault mech:

(Click image for folder after moderation)

Gladius sports the following features:
  • Stands approximately 14” tall.
  • Large air intakes (those heavy mechs get hot)!
  • Antenna array for communications and targeting.
  • 2 adjustable missile pods with 25 missiles apiece (reach out and touch someone!).
  • Pulse laser cannon mounted on right arm (be the light of your enemies life!).
  • 4 barrel Gatling gun w/ ammo drum mounted on left arm (for when you absolutely have to kill every motherf****r in the room!). I especially like this gun, it incorporates a knob on the back and gearing inside so the barrels will turn when the knob is spun.
I am fairly new to this hobby, this is my largest and most detailed project to date. It was a great learning experience for me. I constantly found myself running out of required pieces, but hey, that just helps spur creativity right? I also was able to try out lots of different techniques, this MOC is simply covered in SNOT (ewwww;). For example, the torso is almost completely SOB (partly out of necessity, partly just to try it).

I’ve been lurking on this group for several months now. I’d like to thank everyone who posts here for inspiration, I’ve probably taken a little bit from all of you. I’d like to especially credit Mark Neumann, as the resident master of chicken leg mechs he probably provided the most inspiration to me (Hammer in particular). Other inspiration came from Battletech mechs, especially Mad Cat.

Anyway, hope you like it. Comments and criticism welcome!