 Space / 3775
Re: Anyone modelled a Cylon Raider ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
From: "Xanthra47" <Xanthra47@Inphotek.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.space
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 03:38:45 GMT
Subject: Anyone modelled a Cylon Raider ?

We've got Bram's awesome Viper and at least one other variation (Sorry I'm
blanking on who did the cool SP one)

That was me. :^)

What about other ships from that show
?  I'd like to do the Galactica or a Base Star, but they'd take up an
obscene amount of bricks.  I went looking on starship modeller for reference
material on the Raider because, when I was in grade school, I thought it was
the coolest thing ever...  Anybody gone down this road ?

I have considered it, but I haven't yet gone so far as to make one. The
Payback on my website is similar in shape, however. The cockpit would
definitely be a tough point... It might be necessary to custom-make a
cockpit perhaps from black plates, since the "real" one had that louvered
look anyway.

~Mark

I've thought of it, too - after getting the Millenium Falcon (mutter,
grumble..). The idea of using the saucer pieces has lurked in my mind for an
easy shape, but I'm not sure I like the idea and as with you, the cockpit has
been a point of difficulty. The idea of stepped black plates isn't one I'd
thought of, yet, but that might could work well given the right scale/shape.

For the Cylons themselves, the Aqua sharks(??) diver masks that are chromed
would be pretty slick on a Blacktron body and a solid black head, I'd think.
I'd be leery<SP> of painting a little red dot on a black head but it's a
promising idea.
Too bad I don't have any..

I wish I still had my Cylon Raider from when I was 5 to use for reference..
:)

Joel