 Space / 37651
Re: Bullfrog: My entry for the Military-Hover-Vehicle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 04:39:13 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Thomas Jost wrote:
   Hi there

I proudly present you the work of my x-mas weekend: The Bullfrog, a heavily armoured but agile Infantry-Support-Hover-Tank with high precision Twin Turbo-Laser.

snip

Wow, very nice photography! (Wish mine turned out like that...) I like the color scheme because I’m viewing it as yellow/grays/white (which is a scheme I really like, from Soren Robert’ pirate theme) augmented with the sand green carapace part--as if different tank squadrons would have black ones, red ones, blue ones, etc. I don’t like the new and old dark grays together, however.

Nice viewport/cockpit, and very cool hoverpods. I find myself wishing for more from the cannon, though. Somehow, using the Star Wars cannon parts in guns is not as interesting as using less obvious parts in a creative way. Also, I think the body of the cannon could be more sleek and streamlined, in keeping with the rest of the tank.

Overall, very creative, I enjoyed viewing it. Convert the hover pods to legs, and you’d have a spider ‘mech, which would also be cool to see.