 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2445
Bullfrog: My entry for the Military-Hover-Vehicle Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:14:55 GMT

Hi there

I proudly present you the work of my x-mas weekend: The Bullfrog, a heavily
armoured but agile Infantry-Support-Hover-Tank with high precision Twin
Turbo-Laser.

The vehicle goes for the small one-man class of the Military-Hover-Vehicle
Contest http://lego.das-brick.org/contest.htm.

You can find all the pictures here:
http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog
Enjoy!

I would like to highlight some details/features:

1) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260062
In the first picture, you can see where the strength of the Bullfrogg lies:
On battlefields of hilly terrain, the Frog can hide almost completely and
will only show its hot ends..

2) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260069
Here you see the left side of the Tank with front and rear repulsor.

3) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260073
Super-precise longrange double-radar for aiming out of the ambush (see 1.)

4) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260074
View of the cockpit-window with armour-plate

5) open.http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260081
Rear view with aft-repulsors in firing position. Also notice the smoke
dischargers.

6) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260088
Laser turret in "park-position". In order to unfold the heavy armament of
the vehicle (to open the entrance-hatch of the pilot), the weapons-section
must be folded back completely.

7) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260089
Here you see the first layer of the combat-plating open.

8) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260093
The open hatch uncovers the sight into the narrow cockpit. You can see the
single crew member behind his long-range-eye: Radar control.

9) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260095
Overview of the vehicle in park-position.

10) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260103
Here the plates are shut already and the Twin-Laser-Cannon swings forth
again. Notice the radar-equipment still fold up.

11) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260104
Action-mode again!

12) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260123
Close-up of the cockpit armourplate.

13) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260134
The proud pilot...

14) http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260135 and
http://www.jostonline.ch/gallery/bullfrog/pc260136
Details of the cockpit-instruments.

Thanks for having a look - feedback appreciated as always!

Warm regards from Switerland
Thomas