 Space / 37622
Re: Tracked Things Festival Continues: XTank "Proof of Principle"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:34:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
I like the guns and the greebles on the sides.  Nice Job !
It'd look awseome with the wide chain links.
Mind if I try ldrawing it that way ?

   If you wish--though in a month or less, I'll be
   building one!  :)  The guns are only a very basic
   "space-holder" construction--I would improve them
   on a finished version.  Missile racks were the
   runner-up.

I'm not sure I understand the 3rd track underneath though :
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~lfbraun/LEGO/xtank-5.jpg
Wouldn't that really make the steering horrible ?

   Only if the tread were constantly engaged.  In theory
   it would be lifted off the ground and only engaged in
   straight-on going over broken or rough ground.  Of
   course, going over rough ground it would hit the sur-
   face anyways...so it's more for funkiness and to see
   if it could actually be build that way than any actual
   utility.

   regards

   LFB