 Space / 37599
Re: MOC: Space Wagon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:04:21 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Tony Hafner wrote:
   Here is the Space Wagon

http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/wagon/index.html

Tony,

I really like this ship... its refreshing to see a moc using mostly “old school” building techniques & pieces. I like the idea of doing retro-nostalgia inspired MOCs. I think it would be fun to do modern interpretations of the classic spaceships (918, 924, 928) that retain the basic form and function of the original designs while using some modern piece types, colors and building techniques. Maybe that could be an idea for a new building contest.

My only real nit is that a lighter colored canopy would probably have worked better with the lt/dk gray color schemes. To bad both of those pieces are not available in trans-clear or trans-lt-blue.

I really like you landing skid implementation. I think they look pretty cool fixed in the “extended” position. Not sure if I like the thruster for this particular application though (though I like the design of the thruster in and of itself). The “complex” nature of the thruster seems to clash a bit with the relatively simple lines of the rest of the design.

Thanks for sharing, drc