 Space / 37561
37560  |  37562
Subject:
POWER ON!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:41:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Does anyone remember Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future?
It was a TV show in the 80's, and in parts of it, you could take one of the toy
ships and shoot at badguys in the screen. They also released videotapes with
special missions you could play with.
My brother and I had the 2 ships, a bunch of action figures, and 3 of the
videotapes. One time my parents got rid of the toys, which are probably worth a
fortune now, and all I have left is one videotape that was misplaced when they
gave the other stuff away, and I found it a few months ago.
I built one of the ships, the XT-7. The good guys used the XT-7 to kick the bad
guys' butts in a futuristic soldier kind of way.

Here's a box shot from the toy I used to have.
http://www.parnasas.com/PopArena/Articles/potato/1newgraphics/power2.jpg

Here's my LEGO version of the XT-7
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/XT-7/02-xt7.jpg

And the whole folder.

And here are the figures I built.

I made a new version of Captain Jonathan Power with the wrong colors, but I like
him better this way.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/Figures/01-captainpowernew.jpg

Here's Captain Jonathan power in his original colors. (close at least. haha)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/Figures/02-captainpowerold.jpg

Here's Corporal Jennifer "Pilot" Chase. She and Power totally had the hots for
eachother. Even I knew that when I was like 3 years old. I had the hots for her
too though. Obviously, she's a pilot.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/Figures/03-jennpilot.jpg

Here's Lieutenant Michael "Tank" Ellis. His specialty was pretty much just
kicking butt and blowing stuff up.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/Figures/04-tank.jpg

And this is Sergeant Robert "Scout" Baker. His specialty was... you know, I
don't really remember what he did. I think he sat at the computers a lot...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DYuhas/Captain-Power/Figures/05-scout.jpg

And the evil genius villain, Lord Dread. He's a bad bad man, and his action
figure came with this futuristic cutlass. He had a red mechanical eye thing and
he was half robot. He was basically a terminator darth vader pirate that sat in
a chair a lot and acted evil.

So let me know what you think about the minifigures and the ship.
Did anyone else love this show and these toys as much as I did?
Anyone remember it?

There were also other figures I should make (Like Hawk and this robot bird thing
named Soaron), and the bad guys ship, which was pretty cool, and there is the
control room thing in the good guys' base which I should make sometime, cause it
was pretty cool.