 Space / 37374
  Spider Mecha

(URL) LMKWYT -paul (2 URLs) Paul Hartzog (URL) Et In Arcadia Lego> (custom sig image courtesy of CGidd) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) That's a pretty sweet little mech. Are those hoses around where the legs meet the body? Very fun and cool looking. Looks like a blast to play with. Cross posting to .mecha Mark Neumann (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) they are the same tube as in this crashcouch (URL) -p (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) Ah, ha. I see it now. The loop is on the handle of the metal detector, creating stress, and helps keeps your legs where you want them. Of course they may not be providing that much stress at all, but still looks very nice. Very cool trick. I'm (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) The best use of metal detectors I've seen... An excellent small mecha! Later, Chris (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) yeah, it acts like a shock absorber with the tension in the loop. Friction in the joint is stronger though, so you can still position the legs where you want them. I was thinking of a biomech hydraulic kind of thing -p (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Spider Mecha

(...) Paul- Hey there. I've been a bit distant the past two months so i'm attempting some catchup tonight. I wanted to comment that I think this lil' mecha is quite nifty. Congrats on figuring out the leg structure. ;-) I've used those "hose" parts (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)