 Space / 37369
Re: Inspiration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:16:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Neumann wrote:

   artships

Nah, I don’t think it’s you. I tried the site on Firefox and IE with no success of seeing pics. Maybe some other browser is needed? I didn’t try Netscape but I somehow don’t think that’d work either. Adding to .geek for input to see if I’m just lame on this or what.

   Does this site work under Firefox? I mousedover as instructed, then tried clicking, but didn’t see much beyond the text boxes changing. Certainly no pics! Or was I just too impatient or something?

Well, I’m not without lameness, but I did view the source for his page. (the links didn’t work with Mozilla on a Mac either) All his outside links take you away to those sites as expected, but his internal links point to “2004/index.php” etc. (replace 2004 with other titles) So, it’s not a browser problem. It seems that the site is incomplete as far as navigation is concerned. (1)Please see below

I did find a workaround. When you click on one of the links (in this case ‘2004’), you get this sort of thing:

http://www.artships.com/index.php/2004/index.php

which won’t work, but if you take part of it out:

http://www.artships.com/2004/index.php, it does work:

http://www.artships.com/2004/index.php will take you to one of the pages with many ships.

Here’s one of the ships here

Once you get in, it is rather inspiring...

Peace and workarounds,

Professor Whateverly

(1) Well, I just found the way it works, but I still consider it a navigation problem as it’s not clear how to navigate the site. When you get the rollover text, the heading (ie. 2004, 2003 etc.) is the link to take you to the page. I’ll leave the text above as is because it may help when troubleshooting other sites...

P.S. I’ve left this in .space because the site is worth seeing once you know how.