 Space / 37352
37351  |  37353
Subject:
A Very Spacey Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:27:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Sometimes old Saint Nick needs to move with the times. With the number of moonbases popping up around the galaxy, the benevolent gift-gifter was finding that his standard sleigh and reindeer setup just wasn’t cutting it any more. So, during the off-season, he set up a special team of elfs to design and build a new sleigh, one that he could traverse the planets in.

The result is Santa’s Long Excursion Delivery, or S.L.E.D. (Okay, I admit it, I watch too much iCodename: Kids Next Doori on Cartoon Network).

The S.L.E.D. features high propulsion engine pods on either side, plus an additional rear engine for short-term flights.

Santa is outfitted in a specially made air-tight suit, complete with air-tanks and tinted visor for deep space travel.

Knowing what a stickler for tradition Santa is, the elfs included an RUD-01-F simulated reindeer navigation unit. Sensors on the unit help determine air-speed, heading, and location, delivering the information to Kris Kringle via bio-feedback cables, giving the old man the look and feel of a traditional sleigh.

Additional photos here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108254

Happy Holidays to all!

-Elroy