 Space / 36989
36988  |  36990
Subject:
Blue Light Special catch up post...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:04:02 GMT

Howdy Spacefolks!

It's been awhile since I've been able to post here...crappy work
eroding my much more important hobbies. So many great MOCs have passed through,
I could easily flood the board with responses.  Instead, I thought I might try
and condense a few into a single post, keeping the boards both free of Gilspam
and catering to my basically lazy nature.

Just a few here that I remember seeing....others not here by no means were not
amazing or worthy of note.  Tally their absence up to me sucking.

Condor Hovership - Soren Roberts
<http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2341>

I really liked this...I'm a total sucker for the crooked nose configuration and
the idea of a larger ring generating the lift is uber cool.  My only
suggestion/half baked idea? For some reason, the saw tooth look of the slopes on
the ring take a little away from the effect.  I like the studs up on the main
fuselage, but I'm wondering if using curves and straight set bricks to make a
square with rounded corners would work at all?  Dunno.  Mebbe I'm just talking
outta my thrusters.  Great build tho man.

****************

Eastern Block T-28 Scout Patrol and low Altitude Transport - Rick Hallman
<http://lego.das-brick.org/ground_t28.htm>

Kinda neat...a good size for a set or kit.  I like the rollbar concept and the
dishes are always a good thing.

****************

Botdog - Ry Wood, Bruce Lowell and co.
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36869>

Brammy for Best In a Comedy Series.  Hands down.  No contest.

Everyone else just go home.

Beautiful.

*********************

Glimmerwing Fast Transport - Brian McLean
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36879>

I really like this.  When I think of frieghters and transports,
especially 'runners' like this, I always think of flying cans with a
weight to thrust ratio that practically makes them suicide runs.  This
has an amazing shape, lots of playable details (hatches, ramps etc)
and really makes the best use of the hull construction to give a tonne
of storage room.  Great build.

**********************

Personair - Jean-Pascal Rignault
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36890>

Paul summed it up perfectly...it's such a clever little work.  The front is a
little chunky IMHO, but the view from the aft looks so cool..with those rounded
'bicep' white curves.

***************************

PCS Bunker - Ry Wood
<http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2364>

Man...I so heart that bunker, it's like it's my job.  That says, 'make me a set
and sell 10k copies of me'.  Mail it to me. It's your only option. :)

*****************************

YF-18 Orbital Interceptor - Sorn Roberts
<http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2366>

I have tried to build something like this since I picked up a pre-macross
robotech comic a couple years ago...the tapered nose and'double crook' of the
nose and the engines to hunch the visual line of the plane...too cool.  And the
colour scheme is just amazing, especially considering the limited availability
of some of the parts.

Awesome.

******************

Pinpoint Hovercraft - Kyle Vreize
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36978>

This looks great...compact utter nastiness. The colour scheme, the angled
elements.  The funny part is that I can really see a lot of refined mech
building techniques that have gone into it...use of technic elemets, stubbiness,
heavy cylinder use.  Comes together so well tho.  Veddy nice.

***************

Quasar Rocketmaship - Filthy Hippie
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36915>

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it. 'Nuff said.

******************

Explorer - Dan Bombastictron Jassim
<http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=36246>

Suffice it to say, this along with Paul Hanson's Beagle basically sums up  all
that is good with Lego space for me.  I've poured over this folder dozens of
times and literally find something new and wow-worthy every time.  Dude..all I
can say is, 'thanks for building this'.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep on my posting to some degree.  If can't...then
I'll just have to quit my job.  :)

Cheers,
-Gil