 Space / 36246
36245  |  36247
Subject:
Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:14:47 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Greetings! At long last, I’m ready to post my latest creation!

Explorer is a long range science and research vessel with a crew of 8. Features include a shuttle/cargo bay, 2 storage rooms, crew quarters and bathrooms, 4 escape pods, a science/med lab, crew lounge/dining room, 2 airlock entries, and a spacious bridge. The ship is armed with a dual laser cannon for blasting space debris in it’s path.

The model is 141 studs long, 74 studs wide, and 24 bricks high and weighs about 30 lbs. It took me about 3 months to complete. I’d say the feature I’m most satisfied with is the floor of the main corridor. This was the first thing I built and it probably took the most time because I wanted every detail under the floor grating to have a realistic purpose.

Pictures currently absent from the gallery are single pics of the escape pods, a full birds-eye view of the interior, and a full view of the detailed underside. I will add a MOCpages gallery for Explorer as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

--Dan

P.S. Special thanks to Christopher Snead for hooking me up with a pristine landing pad a few years ago. Hey Chris, I finally used it! :)