 Space / 36953
Re: Bunker, Manta, and Zoar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris McNamee wrote:
   I dig the little outpost. I could see a smattering of them around the perimeters of a moonbase with tunnels leading to each one for quick access to hot spots. I do agree, there should be a small frap ray of some sort either on top of the main bunker, or as a separate, stand alone turret with access granted via tunnel. My favorite shot is all of the Star Ranger forces together, that pic is money. I’m curious about the Jade Empire lackeys though. Call me dumb, but what’s the irony, or do I really want to know?

The Shi is quite nifty, it looks like a lot of fun to zoom around in. I could see it as a pesky skirmisher hitting enemies from all sides then retreating to strike somewhere else. Your new machine guns are much better, though.

Hey Chris, thanks. That vision is something I share, and I hope to someday have my own little PCS Star Rangers neighboorhood setup at home with a couple perimeter modules like this, as well as vehicle garages and landing pads. Thats a ways in the future, though. :)

A standalone turret is something I hadn’t really considered, but I know I wouldn’t put it next to the tunnel, or an errant missile launch might take it out! I may have to come up with a little sumthin sumthin though. And the irony is that I am one of those three things (door-to-door salesman, religious nut, or Jade Empire lackey.)

Glad you like new gunz on the Shi, Soren Roberts gets the most credit for that change. He shared a pic of a chain gun, and I immediately went off and crafted one of my own.

--Ry