 Space / 36468
  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

The thing about space is that you don't always have to have everything be vertical. Since the Jormungand is really tall, mount it sideways in the carrier. You could just make the launch bay Zero-G and build it sideways. The SNOT might be difficult (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

(...) Hmmmm. Sideways, eh? I might just try that. The carrier is still on the proverbial drawing board, which means that anything is possible. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on. Sideways. I like it! Chris (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

(...) The only problem is that Lego is built here on Earth, which has gravity (in case you hadn't noticed), and you have to make sure your models are pretty strong and have a strong mount to have them mounted sideways on anything. This is especially (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

(...) Okay, think Crimson Skies and imagine the grapple or hook system you find in the blimps. Something along those lines might work. Do you remember the scene from "Aliens" with the dropship? Then a grapple system which captures the fighter and (...) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

(...) I don't know any of those references, but it sounds cool. Yeah, I was thinking of a grapple system as well. The problem is, you'd need several, or one very movable one. Where is the grapple system going to grip on your model? You don't want a (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Jormungand Carrier Strike Craft

Hi Peter (...) Optimism. Optimism is my "word" for the day! I have many other words usually employed when MOCs spontaneously explode, repeatedly. Sometimes SNOT ain't so hot. :) (...) Reassuring. (...) If I had 200,000 then I'd be booking a flight (...) (20 years ago, 6-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)