 Space / 36101
Re: Starcraft Protoss MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:56:58 GMT

Travis: Using a 4L rod with whatever sort of mounting apparatus was my first
idea as well, but the problem is finding a way to get it on.  Look at the
picture: theres noplace to mount it except the hand, and well, it's not
supposed
to be on the hands.  Sure, I could have an arm design with a psi blade,
but then
it'd look even *worse* (lol).

Yeah, I noticed that, but as you said, it would require redesigning the
arms entirely.  and that would not be pleasant, that's for sure.  However,
you should have a look at some of the power suits that Space & Mecha seem
to produce, you might get a good idea there.  That's where I was
inspired/stole...

The Dragoon has been taunting me for a long time.  It seemed like it'd be easy
to do, but...isn't.  I have a half-built one here somewhere.

You would thing that they would be easy, but considering that the front
legs and rear legs are much different, and you need to have the gyroscope
(well, the rotating bit) at the bottom, and the Phase Cannon on the top
with the opening/closing lid, and somewhere to put a head in their, well,
it gets a little more complicated

My probe and pylon
are nearly done as well.  You'd probably get to see the probe much sooner, but
sadly yellow robot arms only appeared in the BlackTron Alienator :^p

I'm keen to see the Pylon.  that would be interesting....
Probes, I have dabbled in that, but I think my scale was too large, but
then, how big are they.

My next Starcraft project was to be a Protoss Carrier, but that's proving
much more difficult than I imagined

Now, who's going to build Zerg Units?

Leg Godt

Travis Matheson