 Space / 36004
Re: EBKD SLICE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:14:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason Whittenburg wrote:

   Seriously this thing rocks. I love how everything looks strapped on the side. Plus it matches a size profile for the SLAM. Very nicely done as a small jump fighter, just like the SLAM. The only thing that could make this cooler is landing gear! Plus the engine needs a little work, but sometimes what’s simple is what’s best. KUTGW Comrade.

Landing gear is over-rated. :)

Spasibo commrade Lt. General,

It needed to be small as to work with my next idea, a support frigate (ala homeworld). And thus the lack of landing gear as I need to make it “mate” properly.

I set three guidelines for the craft: Small, uses no rare peices, and needed to be sleek.

As for the engine, any suggestions would be welcome, I tried several revisions and in the end choose this to a) not ruin the lines of the ship and b) when the addtional items are strapped on, you can’t really see it anyway! :-)

Do vstrechi -Jason

I would love to hear more about this frigate of yours. My Cruiser is almost done and would like to compare notes with you on some design features. As for the smaller engines, I will try to snap a few photos of the different designs I came up with for a posible one here in the future and post them on brickshelf. I personaly love building the bigger ships more, but its nice to try my hand at the smaller stuff from time to time. Great ship!

-Fleet Komandant Bounty