 Space / 35118
Re: Eastern Block Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:57:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Allister McLaren wrote:
   Hi All,

I’ve noticed that there’s a distinct lack of jackbooted goons in the mecha genre, so after taking delivery of a few black dino parts I set about remedying the situation. Actually I started with the legs, and they happened to turn out that way, so I built the rest of the mecha to suit.

There was a moment when I thought about making it into an 3vil mecha, but after building the head, it was EB all the way.

I even found a use for a couple of Galidor parts in this one.

Brickshelf Folder

All comments are welcome.

Allister-

This thing is just cool. As e said, “the whole thing just gels.” I could picture this with a handful of its brethren pitted against a PCS command post (similar to a scene from DuckTales that plays in the intro. No, i haven’t been watching ;-). Upon first seeing it (and until reviewing the gallery today) I was under the impression that this was a cyclops (oops) but I’ve realized that the “eye” is just hat decor and that this thing has such a grim, stone-like face. I think some other fine details are the “buttoned” boots (kudos for old skool part usage) and the jacket fittings. The legs have great form and I think the poses are terrific.
Now, speaking of 3vil bots...how about a battle versus this fella: ttp://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=79265 ?

Okay, keep up the great work.

-APSaada