 Space / 35044
Re: The Space Hopper, planetary patrol craft.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:45:35 GMT

   I was going for a smooth look -- most my stuff I try to go for clean lines -- but I can see how that is not as visually interesting as greebling.

That’s a greater challenge, and I can only encurage that, and there’s plenty of greeb in this forum alrady. (but you do have some greeble, though nicely subdued)

Still, I think you should consider varying the surfaces a bit; if not with greeble or level, then perhaps by changinge some of the tiles into other colours that underlines the shape, like blue 1x8 tiles, or breaks it, like a 2-wide blue band around the sides by the 4x4 dishes.

Regarding the rear, I think it’s a little too flat as it is now, and would suggest that you drag in the blue part, flaps, and engines a little, since this would do a lot better justice to the 3 “horns” pointing backwards: They’re a little overlooked as it is now which’s too bad. (by the way: I see now that you’ve already filled the holes behind the cockpit as i suggested, but do change them to the light grey ones you got with the AT-TE the red ones’s too dark to see)

Regarding the front arms/horns, I don’t like the inward curve the 2x4 slopes create, (inherited from the first version) and I would prefer if you used the same technique as in the back: You could cover up the resulting triangular holes with some tiles on the inside of the horns or extending the guns back in (now he’s beginning with the greeb again;-). Alternatively, you could use 1x6 curved slopes like in the back, or stuff in extra guns there. By the way: what about some rocketlaunchers or bombdoors? at the side or top of the MOC?

   Your comments and advice are very helpful, thank you.

B.

It’s up to all of us to give encouragement and advice; if we forget that, nobody gets anything.

-NB