 Space / 35038
Re: The Space Hopper, planetary patrol craft.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Niels Bugge wrote:

About posting, it seems that you didn’t went deep enough for the adress of the picture: Click on it until the adress ends with the name of the picture - that’s the correct adress.

Hey thanks I was wondering why the link did not work, now I know.

   But I don’t think the engines are big enough for the model, perhaps you could double them; it seems like there’s enough room to add two side by side at each side. (or use something bigger) By the way: where did you get those flaglike things on top of the engines?

those are just dark gray 7X3 flags that I got on bricklink.

   Since I don’t quite know what you aimed at building, the following suggestions might not be relevant to you: I’d vary the surfaces a bit to make them more interesting to look at, (like shrinking the central blue part by one plate) and maby use some more dark grey around, for instance the guns.
You might also consider changing some of the tiles into greeble, for instance it could be cool with some serious greeble on the inside of the arms, but less would do. (like a little more grilles around)

I was going for a smooth look -- most my stuff I try to go for clean lines -- but I can see how that is not as visually interesting as greebling.

Your comments and advice are very helpful, thank you.

B.