 Space / 3502
Re: MOC: Futuron "Mosquito"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:15:32 GMT

Perhaps the previous response was a bit harsh- but he does have a point.  I'll
try to give some constructive criticism...

Some posts generate a lot of traffic, some don't.  Most long threads come from
sites with a lot of content.

You are posting an article featuring a model out of 19 pieces put together in
a way that (no offense intended) isn't particularly novel.  It is unique and
looks kind of cool, but most of us could do something similarly cool in about
5 minutes.  On top of that, you just have a link to the directory containing
the images.

Things you could improve:
1: Better image composition- put something less distracting in the
background.  Try setting the model on some solid-colored rumpled sheets or on
some baseplates.
2: Put the images on a page.  From browsing the rest of the site, I see that
you know how to lay out pages.  Put links on the page to the rest of the site
as well.  That way someone who comes in looking at the new model ends up
browsing out and looking at the rest of what you have.
3: Bigger models, more models, or a storyline to go along with them like you
did with the Hugo story.  That is something new, and somewhat entertaining-
and uses very simple models very effectively.

It's not all bad, though- you do have a pretty good camera and the model is
well represented in the images.

I'll add that I'm certainly no expert in the area.  I have a pretty darn big
site with tons of images of reasonably complex models laid out in an easy-to-
browse way and my "site update"-type posts don't generate much traffic
either.  I think you are mainly just expecting too much.  You really get big
threads when you post larger-scaled highly-detailed models.

-Tony Hafner
  www.hafhead.com/lego
  hafhead@PANTSplanetquake.com
  Spamblock: remove PANTS to reply

In lugnet.space, Patrick Justison writes:
I wouldn't say it sucks, its just not very awe inspiring.  Maybe if you gave
the minifig a seat to sit on.....

sorry for the sarcasm,
Pat J

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
How come everyone else's creations get so much attention and not mine?

Did people miss my posts?

Or do my creations just suck ^-^

--Tobias, who doesn't think he's such a bad builder at all...
http://m1.876.telia.com/~u87609425/futuron/