 Space / 34788
Re: 2 MOCs in one post (also) (what a day!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 02:43:41 GMT

In lugnet.space, Soren Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:

This is pretty cool. I like the uber-retro vibe it gives off. I may have to build one of my own.

It might be interesting to build a bunch of these in different colors, and set up a racetrack diorama.

Thanks Soren, this is exactly the feeling I have! When this MOC came out, I thought it could come from an Hanna & Barbera cartoon, like the “Flintstones in space” (I don’t know the name of that one actually.....)

Oh, now this is hot. I like the smooth integration of the engines, and the cockpit is to die for. My only suggestion would be to take the radar dishes off of the engines, as they break up the line of the forward section.

I had a hard time trying to ‘decorate’ the sides of the engines. I am not so good at greebling, and no easy idea came. But I agree with you the radar dishes break the smooth line of the Jack Stone engines.

Cheers,

JP.