 Space / 34726
Re: Ministry Of Information Retrieval
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 14:19:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Chris Giddens wrote:

(SNIPPED)

-Keith
follow up to .geek, cause after all, we're all geeks here.

Let me repeat. off-topic.geek is NOT an appropriate place to have this
discussion. What Chris posted really starts to veer into an .admin topic,
actually, as it touches on community norms, but if it stays confined to .space,
that's at least more appropriate than spamming other groups.

*PLEASE* heed me before it gets messier and harder to redirect. Anyone who wants
to cancel and repost, you have but to ask (Todd, Frank or me) for a cancel and
it will be taken care of.

PLEASE check your FUT for appropriateness. Setting FUTs inappropriately is not
really polite behaviour on LUGNET, and it is rude to the readers of the group
that you FUT to. People who do it consistently would not be looked kindly upon
by many, I suspect.

Lar (from a machine where it's a bit harder to change my posting identity but
consider this official)