 Space / 34414
  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) The only two additional issues that I can think of offhand is that it would have to be a canon design (i.e. something from the movies) because TLC's license reportedly doesn't cover EU stuff, and Lucasfilm approval would still be required (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) This is a good point. This would require that the fan created model be canon, so I didn't think of that. I believe that this would restrict the creativity of a fan MOC to the point that it wouldn't be worth it. In my opinion, you might as well (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) I've seen a number of really creative MOCs of canon vehicles. Some of them are better than their official counterparts, others are less so. It's not so much a matter of searching for a suitable SW design for the MOC program, but taking the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)