 Space / 34012
34011  |  34013
Subject:
teachhing Lego Class -- Need Syllabus Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 22:25:52 GMT

I am hoping to teach a Lego class for the University of Utah this summer.

I am "required to prepare and submit a class syllabus and an outline of topics
to be discussed.  Legomania I: Ages 7-9.  Creates hands-on activities to teach
students about fixed and moveable parts.  Teaches about working models of simple
machines, tools and gadgets"

The class is:
August 9-13, 2004. 1:30-3:30 pm daily

so thats 5 sessions

I am interested in any Lego class syllabi that anyone has (even for
longer/shorter classes) as well as any suggestions that anyone has.

they want me to teach things like terminology, rubber band cars, some
explanation of why lego works, etc.

also, if anyone has any leads on other lego educators who could assist me i'd be
happy to hear about it.

much thx
-Paul