 Space / 33906
  Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

Alright it's not really space, but it is sci fi. It's a personal aircar for zipping around the skylanes of the cities of the future. This sort of grew out from the arrangement ot the headlight pieces which I threw together in an idle moment on (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Cool beans. I think the landing gear was rather cleverly done. I have to say that I don't like the idea of headlights in neon green, but I know that part isn't really available in clear, and the shape is pretty cool, kinda looks like a (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) It doesn't have to be transatmospheric to be space. :) As far as I'm concerned, anything science fiction is fair game in the .space newsgroup. (Which is why you'll see non-outer-space things like Crimson Skies) Space. -Grand Admiral .space (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Yes! This thing is so sweet. I'm almost ready to break into a Sophie "oh wow - yeahyeah bomb diggity dang!" :-) Fast and yellow, great SNOT, the often neglected underside is just gorgeous. And the landing gear is superbly done. I really like (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) I love it! The overall shape is nice, the detailing is well done, and the landing gear looks solidly engineered. This is precisely the kind of well-polished model that I've been aiming for with my racers series, though I don't think I've hit (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Very, very classy. That landing gear is ultra-special. Once again your competition entry is my favourite! Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Wheee! This looks like very swooshable fun. The bottom detail/landing gear is great. the headlights are a great use of pieces. Kinda Naboo-y overall, & that's good. Jeff (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) I figured as much. :) In lugnet.space, Daniel Rubin wrote: (...) Thanks Dan. My first choice would be to make the lights trans yellow, but I only had one and it's on the garbage truck. But see below for a nice surprise. In lugnet.space, Chris (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Allow me to curse you for both your possession of a Blacktron canopy, and your mad-dog landing gear skillz. I'm formulating a theory that the southern hemisphere doesn't filter the sun's radiation as efficently, giving rise to innovative MOC (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote: snip (...) Bang on! -Dan Rubin Chair of the Cyber-braintrust (URL) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Before I saw that you'd done so (URL) here>, I was going to suggest picking up a couple of (URL) I think these little sets get overlooked, and this one in particular has some especially useful parts (apart from those round black rubber (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) I like the slick tyres. I'm quite staggered that this set was so hard to find. It's still 2004 isn't it? It's a 2004 set isn't it? Cripes. (...) Thanks. Speaking of refinement, since I now have another one of those lightbar pieces in red, I (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Civvie space contest entry II - Aircar.

(...) Its actually a 2003 set. But yeah, I love World City as well (except for those with the new ugly colors) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.space)