 Space / 3374
  Re: Moonbase! Need Help!

(...) I think a Mars base would be mostly underground too, as you wouldn't get much protection from radiation with Mars' thin atmosphere. At least, when I get enough free time to build my Mars base, it will be either mostly underground, or built (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moonbase! Need Help!

(...) The domes could be shielded fromradation, like a astronaught's helmet. (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moonbase! Need Help!

(...) My knowledge is limited, but I think it comes down to cost/benefit: digging is an expensive process. On the Moon, the benefits of minimizing the temperature swings are huge, and the costs of energy should be a lot lower (either boosting up a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Moonbase! Need Help!

(...) Helmets might be shielded from some types of radiation, like ultraviolet, but not all types. Some kinds of radiation, which can be dangerous if you are exposed to them for long periods of time, can only be shielded by large quantities of dense (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.space)