 Space / 33684
Re: Techwest Moc: Rocket Pony Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 21:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld wrote:
   Well it was my turn to get my feet wet in the old Techwest pool:

The Rocket Pony Express

(click pic)

snip

I love it! The only thing missing is a couple arrows sticking into his saddlebag, through his hat, etc.

I really like the use of the hat-visor-airtank combo (as on Spaceman Dan--my favorite Moonbase denizen, btw--and on Gil’s Manko. I think you’ve captured the techwest look perfectly with that.

Since I didn’t collect any firefighter sets in the mid-90s, I don’t have any of those “hatless-yet-visor-enabled” airtanks to work with. So in my techwest tinkering, I’ve found it an ongoing challenge to get oxygen to the minifigs without losing the cowboy hats. I’d rather not have to “enclose” all my techwest vehicles (although I thought Gil did a good job of it on his submarine-style Hovercoach). Nor do I want to swap the hats for helmets if I can avoid it.

I’m currently working on a space-based stagecoach, and although the passengers are all enclosed in comfort, the driver and shotgun guard are totally exposed. Until I get a good breathing system worked out, they’re reduced to turning their bandanas around to keep the vacuum off their face!

Your huckleberry, C):<
Matt
6Gun Sam