 Space / 33626
Re: MOC: Hyrnet YF-233
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 02:39:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Brian McLean wrote:
   The Hyrnet YF-233 is an escort attack fighter. Designed for convoy duty, it has a long range and is incredibly maneuverable due to the twin engines being placed so far from the dorsal line of the ship.

I had a lot of fun with this one. First off, getting the ‘bisecting triangle’ design to work for the wings took some time. Then, I had to figure out a way to mount them to the main fuselage so they’d be sturdy enough to survive the ‘zoom’ test. To top it all off, I got to use almost all of my dark red. Once again, retractable landing gear is part of the fun!

Brian,

I like the minimalist connection between the cockpit and the (very cool) engines. It looks like three ships flying in formation. And let me say again that the engines are way cool. The cockpit seems a little plain in comparison, and I think the landing gear could be a little more interesting. Very nice little ship.

Kenn