 Space / 33355
Re: Robriq Skullbot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 05:56:05 GMT

   My old camera is only 2.1 megapixels.

Mine is also 2.1 megapixels I think. I would care if I was taking pictures hoping to print them. But as long as most of the time the pics I take will be distributed (shown) over the web, what matters more for me is the weight of the picture.

All the pics I post on BS are 640x480, and usually weight less than 40Ko, after using auto exposure or auto level and heavy compression features you find with most picture oriented software (ACDSee in my case).

IMO light pictures are very fine for SMALL Lego MOCs : you don’t need such a high level of details, even the smallest part is visible. And the printing result is often surprising as well!

Recently I tryed to take pictures of some MOCs using a higher resolution than VGA (640x480). This allow to re-work the frame of the pic before shrinking and posting it, but I prefer trying to keep all of them on the same frame, same proportions.

All this to say : small pics are fine! My 2NT$ contribution to the “Help me with photographing my MOCs”...

Hu, back on Jon topic : nice atmosphere you get with this lighting. You have quite a powerfull monitor!

JP.