 Space / 33126
Re: Mars DVD solutions posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Doug Eaton wrote:
Spoiler alert if you were going to try solving the code yourself.
Hints if you tried and gave up.

In lugnet.general, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.space, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

If you're a geek like me who spent time solving the Mars Rover DVD...

Not only that, but I owe geeks like you for informing me about the contest.
Thank you, it was a lot of fun! I got a whole class of 3rd-6th graders started
on code-breaking due to that contest <grin>...

Thanks for posting the original contest notification.  I would never
have known about it otherwise.  Of course, I did waste the majority of a
day on this problem.  The reason I kept going was the lure of getting
those certificates.

Just got word from The Planetary Society that they haven't sent out any
notifications yet, but will soon. They also haven't settled on which LEGO prizes
will be awarded. And in addition to LEGO prizes, they'll be awarding a one-year
membership to The Planetary Society to the lucky 50.

- Kelly