 Space / 33096
33095  |  33097
Subject:
Mars DVD solutions posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:40:53 GMT

If you’re a geek like me who spent time solving the Mars Rover DVD, you’ll be interested to know the Planetary Society finally announced the solutions. I won’t spoil the suspense for anyone, but you can find the answers at the Planetary Society’s site.

What I found interesting was the first 10 solvers of each code will get a membership to the Planetary Society (cool!) and “LEGO prizes”, as will 30 randomly-chosen people who sucessfully solved the codes.

Don’t suppose anybody here’s gotten notice they won? (I haven’t, although I think I posted the Opportunity code within an hour of the image coming online),

Wonder what the LEGO prizes are. I’m guessing Discovery-related sets.

Funny about that Opportunity code, though... I didn’t realize it was Braille, so I used pattern matching and educated guesses to solve it. Now I feel like a doof - I’ve seen/felt Braille often enough, I should’ve realized. Dur.

Kelly