 Space / 32969
Re: Spyder autonomous defense droid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 01:39:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Benjamin Medinets wrote:

nice job... these are neat really. I like that there is relatively small and hard to hit. I could see a whole pack being able to hit all at once, and being able to dodge a lot of the incoming fire power!

I am not a big fan of the new pivot joints, but they are way more usuable on certain things than the older style. They certainly more rigid.

Ben Medinets, who doesn’t often post here in Lugnet.Space

(cloak) Pssst! Ben. Look again (while I distract him.) Those aren’t new pivots at all. (decloak)

Excellent SNOT, Chris.

I like the look of these. Reminiscent of (but not as leggy as) Phil Painter’s BE-TLE, they appear to have considerable posability.

One little tip, if I may; try cropping your photos so that we can see more of the MOC. I know there is a limit to how close you can get, even with macro, but cropping allows you to reduce the background/MOC ratio and enables a smaller file with equivalent detail.

Peace and quadrupedal droids,

Professor Whateverly