 Space / 32878
  Stinky Pete's tow truck

Hey, all. Sorry for not being 'in' things for a while. I'll catch up tommorow. I've taken some pictures of a new MOC. Let me know what you think! (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

Hi John, Very nice little craft! I like the asymetry ofthis ship, well done! I understand why Stinky Pete keeps on riding it! Cheers, JP. (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) This is a pretty cool little ship. I like the assymetry, and I think you did the bed really well, it deffinately looks the part. I take it you can't fit a helmet or hair on the driver in that cockpit though? You might wanna replace one of the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Cool John...great to see someone take a shot at a lift lorry. As much fun as gun-encrusted ships are, the civvie ones are always refreshing. The use of snot in a few specific places (the nose etc.) are subtlely done. Criticism? Not much (...) (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) exception. Not much else to say about it. A+ -Lenny (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Thanks! Yeah, I like using asymetry in small ships. Especially because I can't find the matching parts of some of the wedges I used. :) -JHK (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Thanks! The cockpit is admittedly a weak part- it didn't look right taller, so I just thought, oh, the heck, Stinky Pete can bald. Although I didn't consider using a panel and letting him lean back. I'll try that... -JHK (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Thanks... yeah, I'd like to do more huge gun-encrusted ships o death, but they never seem to get off the drawing board. Small ships are so much quicker, and funner, although they can be hard in their own right. (...) Thanks for the tips. Yeah, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Wow, Lenny. You'll have no shortage of browny points. :) Thanks. -JHK (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Nice one. You never disappoint. All it needs now is some space-hillbilly's broke down pickup on the bed. Could be just the thing to add a bit of the aforementioned colour (rust counts as a colour don't it?) Cheers, Allister hmmmm... (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Cool. I like the door, and the overall shape is nice, but it's missing something vitally important for a tow truck. Blinky yellow lights! You should put a light bar somewhere on that. That, and a pinstripe (all tow trucks are decorated (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Space-hillbilly's. I'll try that. Sounds like it would fit in the dusty Outer Rim... Thanks for the response and the suggestions. -JHK (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Thanks Adrian! Yeah, I think it is missing some traditional trucky-lights and stripes. I'll try that in my next civilian MOC. I thought about using that red mechanic logo from the town tow truck... -JHK (20 years ago, 18-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Well, JHK, this is a fun little utility craft. (It [must] still be fun, else Stinky would have upgraded by now, right?) Like the others, I like the asymmetry and the overall utilitarian feel, but also like the others, I think it could use a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Hey, Ley, thanks for the response! Shopping carts? Well, I never thought about that. But yeah, thanks for the comment on color. I guess I'll try adding some in my next utilitarian MOC, although I was kinda going for a clean boring grey look. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Very nice form. I really like the bed and that nifty cockpit. But I agree with Adrian - this MOC suffers from lack of blinky lights and pinstriping. Otherwise, cool. -Chris (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

JHK! Cool little craft, nice story. Interesting design. I like the parts you used. Unussual design that you don't normally see. Original name too! LOL! I wanted to mention that; wow, I haven't been over to your site in a while (sorry) and, well, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Stinky Pete's tow truck

(...) Well, I suppose Stinky Pete might keep the paint fresh, so that the old ship looks new, but I agree with those voting for pinstripes. I just thought I'd clarify the shopping cart reference.(1) The recessed deck reminds me of the plywood box on (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.space)