 Space / 32796
Re: zemi.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:25:21 GMT

Jon Palmer wrote:
  http://zemi.net

My immediate reactions (using IE6):

Nice layout. Great models. Just a few buts (IMO):

The thumbs are distorted, looks like the height/width ratio got lost when
the thumbs were created? They are also rather small, it's not easy to see if
I really want to look closer on a model or not. I think the thumbs page
would be better with larger thumbs, and maybe even some text on each one?

Navigational: There is no info telling me where I am, and I can't see where
I have been.

As 'latest' has a picture on the main page, I thought the picture signified
the current page, and repeatedly clicked the 'main' link to see what was
there. Took some tries before I realized...
Also the contents of 'main' seems to me to match the heading 'latest'.

The 'latest' link seems to exist only on the 'main' page?

When I go to the 'store' the left side menu is gone, and there are no
(obvious) links back to the main page (or anywhere else). OK, after a bit of
spelunking, I realized that the texts in the top picture in fact weren't
only eye-candy, but actual links.

OK. This was my *immediate* reaction. After going through the site once, I
know where things are, and where the links are, so *now* navigation is no
problem anymore (until you change it :-) but if you're aiming at a
commercial site I think the navigation/position should be a bit more
obvious.

But again, Nice site!
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden