 General / 47003
Re: zemi.net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:48:35 GMT

Kyle Keppler wrote:

Well, that's because that is exactly what we did. Jon wanted small,
square thumbs.

I think that's where it went wrong. ALL the pictures I have looked at were
wider than high, so all the thumbs are compressed sideways. Once you've
noticed it, it's almost impossible to ignore...

You're the second person to mention this, so do you think it is that
noticeable?

As I noticed it at once, yes, to *me* it's very noticeable. If I haven't
seen the models before, the thumbs will not help me to choose what to look
at first. I think the names you have for them ".../bardiel_thumb/_icon.jpg"
says it all: They are *icons* to be memorized for next time, not
*thumbnails* that give a small teaser picture - they are too small to give
much info about the model.

My suggestion would be to make them a bit larger, and keep the correct
ratio. The thumbs page look a bit 'stiff' (not the right word, direct
translation from Swedish) - there's no life in it.

Now, I'm not saying that the BlockCAD Gallery,
http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/gallery/index.htm
is a good web page, but at least you can see what to expect when clicking
on a thumb.

All IMO,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden