 Space / 32388
  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Well done, Jason. It's great to see the old 'dog-bone' in LEGO. It's been a very very long time since I've seen the movie, but one glimpse brought a rush of recognition and nostalgia. I especially like the way you've integrated the saucer pieces (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) Thanks! (...) That's a great idea. I was toying with the idea of building a custom display case for it but getting an existing one would be much easier. Your 'long narrow shelf up high on the wall' comment triggered another possibility that I (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) I had meant that it would be worth displaying publicly somewhere like at a library(1), but yes a case would be good to keep the dust and cobwebs off. It's amazing (URL) how much they add up.> Peace and public display, Professor Whateverly (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

(...) snip (...) Yeah, it would be cool to display it publicly. I just have to convice the ParLUGment guys that it belongs in our next train layout. :) I love the picture! J (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)