 Space / 32369
Re: More Space Trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:12:56 GMT

John wrote:
I became inspired by Jake's intermodal warehouse, and specifically by the idea
of trains riding around on the Moonbase project transporting containers.  I had
left BrickFest PDX thinking that I would build some 8 wide ore cars, but now I
decided to jump right into intermodal:-)

I whipped up this Space loco and container car, along with some containers that
fit to the "standard" Jake set.  It was a lot of fun designing the containers--
among the color schemes I used: Spamcake, Blacktron, and Maersk:-)

Anyway, I haven't much time to elaborate, so I'll just provide the link:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=185<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/J-2/8wide/thumb/000010spacetrain1.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

S   P   A   C   E.......Trains!

[JOHN]

that locomotive positively rocks! it'd probably be too tall for the
moonbase (or very close), but it positively oozes style (like an old
streamliner), I love it.

the freight car is really neat too, but apart from the colors, it
doesn't really match the loco, IMO.

I love how both models wrap down around their wheels, very nifty.

-Anthony