 Space / 32251
  Two new craft

With all the new technology being displayed here recently, we have decided to unveil some of our latest creations, lest they appear derivative. (URL) The above is a gunship that ended up being geared toward the Eastern Block, due to the colors of (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) Good stuff! I love the EB ship... my only criticism is that it seems like the tail could use a bit more beef to it. (...) You have to select "FTX" from the menu above the message field. :) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) The GA to the rescue! Thanks In what manner do you think I should beef up that tail? were you thinking thicker? or more greebed? My original plans had a vertical fin at the end of the tail, but I would have had to make the ship wider, which (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) (URL) I'm not sure if this is what Mark is talking about, but I was observing that the ship looked awfully nose-heavy. If the rotating thrusters are supposed to be used for lift, it should balance around that point. And it really doesn't look (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Two new craft

snip (...) I think having wings protrude from the curved part of the wedges on the tail might indeed make for a neat shape, though I would have to rething the manuevering jets at the back. Interestingly, the ship actually does balance physically (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Two new craft

Hey, Good stuff. I especially like the way you constructed the wings on the tri-winged craft using the arched windows. We've seen a couple of MOCs using a lot of arched window elements like this lately, perhaps inspired by that new helicopter set? (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) This one reminds me a lot of the gunship from the SW flight sims. I don't know if this was involved in your design at all, but there's a new tri-beam that came in the Gigamesh Spybot (used for the wheel mounts) that's really useful in doing a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) My main reason for using the windows is that I just recently sorted a couple of Chambers of Secrets that I got on clearance at KB recently. In fact that ship is mostly parts from Harry Potter sets. I agree that the cockpit is pretty weak on (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Two new craft

(...) snip it was the FTX option indeed. In the giga-wha spybot? The core is full of technic bits, but I don't know what the part is that you are talking about. I just used 1x2 technic bricks with holes, stacked on a technic axle. I spaced them with (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)