 Space / 32162
Re: P-38 contest entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:21:28 GMT

   Greetings! Here’s my entry for Jon’s contest:

Enjoy!

--Dan

Excellent creations as usual. I really like you maintained the P-38 look yet put the main thrusters in the tail-plane rather than in the twin booms. I personally don’t mind the way you did the landing gear. Seems entirely plausible for a fictional spacecraft. I also really dig the way you made the main cannons. Very original use of the 2x4 “engine” pieces.

My only nit would be that the center of lift seems too far aft when the thrusters are in VTOL mode. Or are there some thrusters hidden under the forward wing/fuselage?

The pilot kinda looks like an eastern-block deserter/defector.

Again, excellent entry.

drc