 Space / 32065
Re: P-38 contest entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:40:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

Hey Dan, great fighter as always. What amazes me about your style is that it always looks so clean. There is something about your work that is ‘essential’ (meaning, of the essence) - it reminds me of 1950’s style space fighters. Very good stuff.

I gotta step outta line and say I don’t like the wing-tip landing gear. You’ve used it a few times - and ive never really accepted it as making sense. Those wing pieces are the thinnest part of the MOC, and they hold the weight of everything else? I’d rather see more typical landing gear, as it seems to make more sense. I’m also interested in how you would incorporate the gear and still keep the clean look.

Ya, but doesn’t the Devastator (the first plane you fly with, at least in the demo) have mid or tip wing rudders (underneath) which also have landing gear in them?

So it’s not totally unreasonable(1). Besides maybe the wings are made of unobtainium, and so therefore are pretty strong?

1 - if you accept Crimson Skies as a reference point anyway... :-) (2)

2 - The demo of which Nik and I have been playing... he thumps me in dogfights, not surprisingly.