 Space / 32115
32114  |  32116
Subject:
Varial Gyrofighter and Moonhopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:38:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

These MOCs are a bit small, I know. I actually do build a lot of small spacecraft, but up until recently I hadn’t photographed them.

The Gyrofighter came about in micro scale first, as I’d built a stack of them for my capital ships. I wanted to build something in minifig that closely resembled it. I’m pleased with the result, mainly because I was able to work a functional concept into the design. As Gypsy’s mom said, “you gotta have a gimmick”.

The Moonhopper was a quick build to use that cool canopy, and to have an extremely small, minimalist spacecraft. It looks a bit dowdy next to Tom McDonald’s StarScoot, though... *shrug*

So who can identify the asteroid and moon/planet in the above pictures? ;-)

Cheers,