 Space / 32097
  Dalek Tank

What if Daleks built a hovertank? (URL) I was messing around with the zen-like 1x1 bricks with studs on five sides when I found I'd made something that looked very much like a Dalek. So I built a bunch of them, in a Davros frame of mind. Then it (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) Very nice! I've been trying to figure out a good way to build a minifig scale Dalek myself. I think you've done a great job with them. -Elroy (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) It doesn't suggest "Dalek" to me, but I think it's very cool nonetheless. Your Dalek model is very inspirational, though - I couldn't resist trying out my own variation (minus a suction cup - oops!): (URL) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) Thanks. I tried a few different things for the eyestalk, but I liked the way the peg gave it a big oversized eye with a pupil so you know when the Dalek is looking at you and getting ready to "EXTERMINATE!". K (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) I really like the sloped lower skirt! He's a little too tall though. Daleks are shorter than average sized people. (URL) The tank is Daleky in that it is mean looking yet has full handicapped access - no stairs or ladders. ;-) The BBC wasn't (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

Dalek training exercises. Apparently it is a misconception that you're safe up a flight of stairs. Stairs just make them more determined, and angry! Click "Next" to see the picture sequence. (URL) K (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) Yeah but we all know they're really sheep that evolved to stand on their hind legs. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) Nice way to do a Dalek. I recently made one myself, though it's a bit too tall in relation to a minifig. I couldn't quite come up with a way to do the eyeball, but I may try your idea, as well as shortening the eyestalk too. Here's the link to (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) I love the (URL) Dalek conga line.> LOL! Peace and silly dances, Professor Whateverly (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

I got tears of laughter comming from my eyes! Baaaaahhhaaaaaaa - LOL! nay, ROTFLMAO!!!! First off, yep that's a mini-fig Dalek, fer sure. Nice! Then the Hover Tank!!!!! Then the Daleks come pouring out from the ship's hull. The control sticks (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

oh, and of course have Scott Lyttle tell you the story about the guy in the Dalek costume that was trying to get down the stair well at DRAGON CON. His foot peeked out from under the skirt at the top step, searching, the rest is well... I was (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) I did do a dalek a while ago, but the instructions are supposed to be a special for our next club newletter. Here are some having trouble invading our last NBLTC layout though: (URL) Jason Railton (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) I knew that, but I found that the extra stud height allowed me to make it look much more Dalek-like. Frankly I don't think that the height discrepancy matters too much - but then I'm not a fanatical Dr. Who fan :-) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) That's what happens when you invade the Earth in a time period prior to government mandated handicapped access. You've got a very slick TARDIS there too, and a K9, heh, and a sonic screwdriver. K (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) There was a later Dr Who episode where a Dalek sort of hovers up a flight of stairs to everyone's amazement, but that was a more advanced Dalek. For the old style Daleks the best choice is just to smash everything flat. :-) Minifig Daleks are (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) (URL) Yes I saw your nice creation when I was messing around on brickshelf to post my pictures and thought "grr, someone already made a mini Dalek". :-) I don't know why I suddenly started making Daleks. It was a random brain event. K (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) Yes the sheep nucleus part is at the core of a Dalek (which is what one of the pictures hints at). After centuries of war, the sheep scientist Baaa-vros advanced sheep evolution to its ultimate form to make an invincible warrior... :-) K (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Dalek Tank

(...) By the way, the modelmakers at Legoland Windsor refer to these bricks as 'Daleks'. The term has since been adopted by UK AFOLs. We're fighting back on the headlight bricks though, that they insist on calling 'Washing Machines'. That's what (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  More mini Daleks (was Re: Dalek Tank)

(...) Speaking of thinking "grr", I was a few days from posting my own minifig-scale Dalek when this thread appeared. (I designed mine almost a year ago, but didn't have a digital camera until last month.) So, here's my version: (URL) to gaming, (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Dalek Tank

In lugnet.space, Jason J. Railton wrote:> By the way, the modelmakers at Legoland Windsor refer to these bricks as (...) The only modelmaker jargon I'm aware of that I've found acceptable is the "jumper brick" (should be plate, but whatever) but (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space)