 Space / 32045
    StarScoot —Tom McDonald
   Small. Spamcake drive. (URL) More click the pic (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, FTX) !

        Re: StarScoot —Steve Runnels
     (...) 3xcellent work. The engines are badA and just the whole shape is beautiful. --(URL) SteveR> (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Dirk van Zuilen
     (...) Hi Tom, It's really tiny, where can I get one? Beats going to work on my bike every day. :-) Dirk (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Very Gil Shaw-esque - I am really jealous of you people who can build small so well. this is just too cool. But if only you used a bit of red here and there, it would look so much better ;) -Lenny (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Ley Ward
     (...) Excellent, Tom. That canopy really works well at that angle and gives further proof of the necessity of the finger hinge. Now, that can't be exposed spamcake on the sides, can it? No, it must just be 'painted' to indicate the presence of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

         Re: StarScoot —Tom McDonald
     (...) Yes, they are very useful. I hope they don't go away. (...) You are correct. It is just a prototypical engine type marking. Not all pink Lego is spamcake, and I try to remember to ask whenever I see pink Lego unshielded. (...) Piece of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Gil Shaw
     (...) I REALLY like this...so much playability built into such a compact package. What I like most is that everytime I think I've figured out which direction your bricks are generally oriented, they pull a 90 or 180 and start off in a new direction. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

         Re: StarScoot —Tom McDonald
     (...) Thanks! I have zoomed it around once or twice :) It started out as being a bit bigger, having everything I wanted, and I kept compressing it, seeing if I could keep all it had with less mass. Doing that, I had to reorient a few and swap out a (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Paul Baulch
     (...) Oooooh so cute, well done. The way you've used the different parts on the sides to give a mix of winglets, curves and bulges is so eye-catching, I can hardly stop looking at it! Excuse me while I go look at it again... Of course I'm about to (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Douglas R. Clark
   (...) Wow, thats an amazing amount of detail packed into such a little craft. Great use of the JSF canopy. I've come to the conclusion that the only effective way to use it is at an angle like that. I really like how there is really no studs-up in (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

        Re: StarScoot —Tom McDonald
   (...) Using newer Lego elements, it's not all that fragile if you hold it in the right places, one of which is if you pincer the whole model between the twin black 1x1 plates with eyeholes on both sides. (...) Moonbase? Did someone say Moonbase? :-) (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)